DAY 4: Magical Health
Updated: 3 days ago
This practice is perhaps the one we can all resonate the most with these days. Recognizing that having good health is one of the most precious things that we cannot take for granted.
Right now on a global scale our health and those of others is being compromised. You may even notice that you haven't truly thought about your well being until the idea of losing it. When we are unwell, the thing we want the most is to get better. This is why it's so important to acknowledge the body and all it's function when we are feeling our BEST.
"Whoever has gratitude (for Health) will be given more, and he or she will have an abundance. Whoever does not have gratitude (for health), even what he or she has will be taken from him or her" - by Rhonda Bryne 'The Magic'
Have you ever thought about the stories of people who were living the most perfect healthy lifestyles and yet still lost their health in some way? "Giving Thanks in return for the health you are receiving is vital."
Today's practice begins with a full body scan and thanking all the areas in the body for all the incredible functions they bring you. It is important to acknowledge all aspects of yourself whether at this time is compromised or not. Your feeling of gratitude towards your body is going to be what changes and increases your health.
Take a moment to pause over each part of your body as listed below. Truly think of their function and how they are crucial in your daily life. The more gratitude towards each function everyday the more you'll start to notice improvements. Those little aches and pains start to subside and you'll feel a sense of magic taking over! After each meditation on the area of the body listed say the magic words 'Thank you for my...' and really mean it!
Think about your:
legs, feet, toes
arms, hands, fingers
Your senses (reflect on each one separately: Taste, Smell, Touch)
Your beautiful mind
Your amazing, powerful Heart!
To add to this practice you may want to do a lying down guided meditation on your body and mind. Yoga Nidra is the perfect tool to enhance your sense of connection and gratitude towards your body.
The second part to today's practice is to take out a piece of paper and write the magic words:
"THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE"
Take the paper out on at least 4 separate occasions today and read each word carefully and slowly and feel as grateful as you can about your health. I would even recommend putting it on a post it and attaching it to your phone or where ever it is you'll see it as that pleasant reminder!
Magic Practice #4 Magical Health
(Based on the Magic by Rhonda Bryne)
1. Repeat steps 1 & 2 of Day 1: Count your blessings. Make a list of 10 blessings. Write WHY you're grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say, Thank you, thank you, thank you (3x), and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2. Do a full body scan meditation on all your body parts starting with your legs and feet, arms and hands, all your senses each one separately, and your strong and healthy heart! Say thank you to each one individually and feel much gratitude as you can towards them.
3. On a piece of paper write the words 'THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE
4. Place the paper somewhere you can see it often today. Even write it on a Post it and stick it to your phone or laptop!
5. On at least 4 occasions read each word slowly and with attention. Feel as grateful as you can for the gift of health that is ever precious!!
6. Before you go to sleep, take your magic rock in one hand and say the magic words, Thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.