DAY 3: Magical Relationships
Updated: 3 days ago
The idea of gratitude makes relationships flourish. Think of the people that your closest to in your life. If you were to truly look at each one individually you could probably name the things you love about them the most. Understanding that there are times we end up having misunderstandings and an urge to complain about those we love can take over. If you know that words are powerful the effect of these complaints are harming you. Remember the idea of the law of attraction. Whatever we think or say about another person, you bring to you.
So today's practice is about being grateful for people just as they are! Choose 3 people that you are closest to. You may have the best relationship already and still this practice will bestow upon you even more love and in turn even more magic. You can choose your significant other, mother, father, business partner, niece, nephew, your closest friends. As long as the relationship is important to you.
Make sure you have a photograph of each person either of just them or the both of you together. From here sit down and think about the things you are most grateful about each person. It could be an attribute of their personality, how funny, kind, loving they are. It may be from a particular moment where they helped you or listened or cared for you.
After you finish spending time on each one, place their photo in front of you and in your journal write 5 things your grateful for.
Begin each sentence like this:
Thank you, (their name), for, (what?).......
Thank you mom for always listening to me when I have to make decisions and being a voice of reason.
Once you've finished the list for all 3 people continue the magic practice throughout the day by placing the photos somewhere you can see them. Each time you pass them during the day, stop, and say the magic words 'Thank you (their name)' to each photograph and feel the gratitude for each one. If your on the go today, bring the photos along with you and make sure to thank each one up to 3 different times within the day.
This simple act can transform your relationships with even more magic by using the power of gratitude.
Magic Practice #3
(As written in the Magic by Rhonda Bryne)
1. Repeat steps 1 & 2 of Day 1: Count your blessings. Make a list of 10 blessings. Write WHY you're grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say, Thank you, thank you, thank you (3x), and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2. Choose 3 of your closest relationships and collect a photograph of each person
3. With the photo in front of you, write 5 things you are most grateful for about each person in your journal
4. Begin each sentence with the magic words, thank you, include their name and what your specifically grateful for.
5. Carry the photos with you today or place them somewhere you can see them often. Look at the photos on at least 3 occasions, speak to the person's face in the photo and thank them by using the magic words, Thank you and their name.
6. Before you go to sleep, take your magic rock in one hand and say the magic words, Thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.