DAY 26: Magically Transform Mistakes Into Blessings
Events in our life take many different turns and once the dust settles we can find ourselves in totally different places. This can happen by chance, choice or learning from our mistakes.
From a very young age in order to learn something we have to keep trying until we get it right. As kids when we're first learning to ride our bikes we are willing to fall repeatedly. Even though frustration sets in, we get back on and keep trying until we've mastered it. As adults we sometimes let pride get in the way and drop what we're doing before seeing our successes. The truth is our biggest teachers will keep appearing in our life until we finally learn our lessons.
Think about this for a moment. Are there situations you've come across that still agitate you in some way?
Do you have something that you still hold on to or put blame on another person or incident without truly owning the fact that it could be your mistake? It doesn't have to be a big incident but trace back in your memories to something you'd truly like to magically transform. It could be the time you gave up guitar because it hurt your fingers. Now your own child wants to learn and you wish you continued your lessons so you could teach them.Or a person from your past that you had a blow out with and now are no longer close because of it. Even an incident of getting caught with your dog off leash and the peace officer gave you a hefty fine. Today your going to take the mistake and transform it by using the power of gratitude. For that one cause your practice is to find 10 things that you are grateful for because of it. Let's take the example of your dog off leash and how you can find blessings or lessons from this one incident.
"I'm grateful to the peace officer because he is protecting the wildlife in the area from getting chased by dogs"
"I'm grateful to the peace officer for enforcing the bylaw because it prevents others from doing the same thing I did"
By the time you finish writing your list, the feeling towards the person who gave you the fine should be replaced with gratitude. To help you in finding the blessings ask yourself what did you learn from this incident? What are the good things that came out of it? By owning one mistake, it has the power to bring many blessings your way.
Magic Practice #26 Magically Transform Mistakes Into Blessings
1. Count your blessings. Make a list of 10 blessings. Write WHY you're grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say, Thank you, thank you, thank you (3x), and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2. Choose 1 mistake you made in your life
3. Find a total of 10 blessings you're grateful for as a result of making that mistake and write them down.
4. To help you find your blessings you can ask yourself the questions: "What did I learn from the mistake?"And: " What are the good things that came out of the mistake?"
5. Before you go to sleep, take your magic rock in one hand and say the magic words, Thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.
Based on the book 'The Magic' by Rhonda Bryne)