DAY 2: The Magic Rock
Updated: 5 days ago
The practice of starting our days with the 10 things we are most grateful for, creates a feeling of joy we can carry with us into everything we do. Once night falls, it's just as important to go to sleep with as much gratitude that we started our day with. The Magic rock is a perfect practice to remind us of all the blessings that happened during the day and to choose the BEST thing to be thankful for.
Today, find the perfect rock or stone that you are attracted to. Something that fits easily in the palm of your hand, that's smooth to the touch, without sharp edges. It's not necessary to buy one as nature gifts are abound. Try having a look around your house because there could be a Magic rock waiting close by!
Place your chosen rock on your bedside table. Make sure you see it before you go to bed and easily when you wake up. Each night, right before you go to sleep, hold the rock in the palm of your hand and think back into your day. Make a mental list of all the good things that happened and choose the best one. Holding the blessing in your mind say the words 'Thank you' and feel the gratitude with your whole body and mind. Repeat this practice each night before you go to sleep for the next 26 days.
Day 1 and Day 2 practices can bring so much magic into your life that you may continue to do them even after your 28 days is complete! To read a touching story about the Magic Rock, check out the book 'The Secret' where it was introduced. The power behind this one practice holds the key for positive thoughts from the moment we rest our heads to first thing in the morning.
Magic Practice #2
(As written in the Magic by Rhonda Bryne)
1. Repeat steps 1 & 2 of Day 1: Count your blessings. Make a list of 10 blessings. Write WHY you're grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say, Thank you, thank you, thank you (3x), and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2. Find a Magic Rock and place it by your bedside
3. Before going to sleep tonight, hold your magic rock in your hand and think of the Best thing that happened today.
4. Say the magic words, Thank you, for the best thing that happened today.
5. Repeat the Magic Rock practice every night for the next 26 Days.