DAY 16: Magic & Miracles In Health
Gratitude is one of the quickest ways to begin to experience a healthier state within our body and mind. If you were to do a survey to see how many days a week people feel at their optimal health physically and mentally the answers could surprise us. We may not even realize how hard we can be on ourselves and that so many of us are dealing with illness, proper functioning of our bodies, moments of depression and situations where our health is being compromised.
If you believe what Carolyn Myss states that our biology is our biography, then our experiences are stored within us. There are many practices of yoga that take us through a full body scan to find the areas that are chronic in pain to discover the origin. iRest yoga Nidra invites us to look at these areas without judgement to understand why they happen and how we can find tools to improve our relationship to them. When our body is sick or we have a condition that restricts us from fully enjoying movements, its natural to have negative feelings about our circumstance.
Today, you are going to use gratitude as a tool to increase the flow of good health and assist the body to heal more quickly.
There are 3 parts to the practice of magic and miracles of improving your health. The 1st is to think of 3 separate times when you were feeling your absolute best. For each of these memories genuinely feel back into those moments and say the magic words, 'Thank You' for those times.
The 2nd part is to think of your current state and the good health you continue to receive. Choose 5 functions of your body that are well and mentally say 'Thank you' to each one individually.
Lastly, choose 1 thing that you want to improve more than anything about your health. The catch is that your going to be grateful for the IDEAL state of the area you want to restore. Using the same concept that you've practiced before today where you are grateful for the ideal state before it happens. Truly believe through the law of attraction you are putting into motion the results of that optimal health.
Spend 1 minute visualizing yourself in the ideal state and in your mind's eye see yourself exactly how you want to be. Feel as grateful as you can as though you have fully restored your health.
'Natural forces within us, are the true healers of disease'- Hippocrates
Magic Practice #16 Magic & Miracles in Health
1. Count your blessings. Make a list of 10 blessings. Write WHY you're grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say, Thank you, thank you, thank you (3x), and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2. Think of 3 times throughout your life where you were feeling physically and mentally at your very best. Give sincere thanks for each of those moments
3. Right now, what are 5 functions in your body that are well and for each of them say the magic words 'Thank you' and feel as genuinely grateful as you can.
4. Choose 1 thing about your body or your health you want to improve. Spend 1 minute visualizing yourself with the ideal state of the area you'd like to restore. Give thanks for this ideal state with your whole heart!
5. Before you go to sleep, take your magic rock in one hand and say the magic words, Thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.
Based on the book 'The Magic' by Rhonda Bryne)